Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching up

Well I bet you all thought I'd given up posting on here, time is not my friend at the moment but I'm posting this as a catch up. Since the Lyke Wake Walk weekend I've been training most nights and this last weekend have been on duty with the Scarborough and Ryedale Mountain Rescue Team. We have been doing the safety cover for the concerts in Dalby Forest, Simple Minds on Friday Night and Sophie Ellis Bexter and Erasure on Saturday. Fortunately it wasn't too bad, there was some who had enjoyed themselves just a touch too much and one who thought he knew a shorter way home. After some TLC and a couple of hours searching all was safely gathered in. PR for the ride continues to gather pace, both Colin and myself had our photo's taken for the Mountain Rescue mag on Sunday morning, Here is the one we picked for publication.
There's a bit of sad news, I was going to do a live phone in to the Dave Charles show next Sunday Night, this is on Harborough FM at 7 pm. It's a good listen and worth a go anyway, but he has a funeral to go to next week so that now wont go ahead. It may happen after the ride, he's an old friend and it will be nice to catch up. We both served on the same Mountain Rescue Team in the RAF, although at different times. We generally meet once a year at the reunions where we both make fools of ourselves, (Dave leave a comment if you don't agree).
As far as fundraising goes we have nearly reached our first £1000 so please give whatever you can as everything will help both these worthwhile causes. So your all up to date and training is progressing as planed, weekend after next I'm taking part in the Crosses Walk which is 54 miles around the North York Moors in one day then it will only be two week to the big ride.
Thankyou in antisipation from Colin and Myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.