Saturday, July 23, 2011

24 hours to go

So the bags are packed, the bikes been serviced to within a inch of it's life and the trainings just about killed me but tomorrow we push north for the start. Due to the vagaries of the British transport system we are not allowed to take our bikes on the train so they are going to be transported on the car. The itinerary is tomorrow to Inverness, Monday Inverness to John OGroats then cycle back to Wick. This is just about a hour and a half ride which will give us a chance to stretch our legs and shake down any problems with the bikes.
I would like to thank everybody who has sponsored us up to now the total collected to date is £2018 with more to collect when we finish, that's 40% of our goal.
If you have not donated yet but would like to you can click the justgiving link on this page, you can text GRAC63 £1, £2, £3, £5 or £10 to 70070 and if your a UK taxpayer the tax man has to donate too. As if that isn't a good enough reason to donate on its own. If your planning to come to Whitby during the hols why not pop in to the Station Inn and donate over a pint.
Now I'm going to rest and carb up but will hopefully be posting every night depending on connection availability,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.