Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tain to Aviemore

Today was a day of contrasts, the first half was relatively flat. There were two low bridges over the river estuaries then the main bridge over next to Inverness. After this we climbed and lost height until we had reached Slochd Summit at just over 1500 feet. This left us only 8 miles to go to Aviemore which should have been a walk in the park, but due to the heat and a slight in the face wind we had to peddle right up to the doorstep of the YH. Biggest challenge now is finding somewhere for breakfast, there was one shop that was randomly giving away porridge (discuss). You can see today's fun here New challenge for tomorrow seems to be the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.