Thursday, July 28, 2011

Aviemore to Dunkeld

This morning dawned wet and rainy, and you may not know but biking in the rain is no fun. It is depressing looking through rain soaked sunglasses and getting hit in the face by spray no matter how considerate the waggon driver is. So the mood this morning was put your head down and get on with it. By dinner time the rain had passed the roads were drying out and our tyres were not sticking to the road any more. Colin was taking regular doses of pain killers for his back but other than that we are in good fettle. With plenty of stops for rest and food we made it to Dunkeld at 2.45 pm.
Small problem with the ride tracker, I turned it off at one stop to recharge the batteries and forgot to turn it back on for 7 miles so there is a gap in the track. You can view it here
We now have a total ride distance of 221 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.