Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wick to Tain

OK that was a bit longer, we set off about 9 o'clock this morning, the weather was overcast with occasional drizzle (note to self, don't believe the weather forecast). We mostly followed the east coast which was entertainingly undulating except for two hills which were not entertaining at all, those two we pushed the bikes up, but overall our progress was good. The sun shone in the afternoon as we arrived in Tain crossing the Dornock bridge. We had to go into town for a pint before we booked into the B&B, note the word "had" this is quite true.
So "How are you feeling now?" I hear you ask, well the only slight problem is a numb bum which will either get better or drop off, either way is no matter to me.
The stats for the geeks are
Distance 68 miles
Ascent 2583 feet
Ride time 6 hours 20 mins
You can see the full route by clicking here
More tomorrow as we head for Aviemore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.