Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bike rides, Midnight walks and a visit from Grace


You may be wondering what has happened to the daily updates you were getting, well it's been a busy week all round so here's the catch up. We have had the school inspectors in all week at work so there has inevitably been more work but they were happy in the end and the school received a good report. I've managed to squeeze in a couple of short bike rides but the weather has not been fit really, we've been alternating between windy and rain. It's hard to know which is more unpleasant and if I'm honest it's the one thing that's bothering me.
Some of the countryside we crossed on our night time walk.
While I'm being honest I have to tell you that I'm also training for a long distance walk which the SRMRT are organising. The Crosses Walk is a 54 mile walk around the North York Moors which has to be completed in 24 hours. I'm intending to do this a couple of weeks before we set off on the bike ride so it will either prove to be good training or bad planning, we will have to wait and see. The walk sets off from Goathland at 12 noon and walks right through the night until we arrive back at the start. Last night Saturday the 28th we set out to walk the section from Spiers House to Sill Howe, we started at 8 pm and finnished around 3.30 am, Sunday morning. This was good practice at staying awake for the six of us, Drew, Pete, Shane, Helen, Steve and myself, we we're also supported by Gary who enjoyed the occasional nap while waiting our arrival. The weather was kind with a mild night dotted by only a couple of very light showers.
 Finally Grace payed her uncle Colin a suprise visit on Friday to the obvious pleasure of many of his freinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.