Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunny Sundays

Out with the Mountain Rescue Team today training in Cropton forest. If you wasn't there you missed out big time. It didn't rain much and when the sun shone it shone for England. You know it's going to be a good training day when it starts by someone saying "There's been a terrible accident". We had four casualties to deal with, five nasty showers, only two hill parties and one pint at the New Inn at Cropton when we'd finished. Our party was ably lead by Dave who, fair to say, did a remarkable effort of keeping order. It's always good to practice the skills you have, as this is the only way it can become second nature when you need them.
Here two members of our party get ready to set off on the search again. This was after some off road driving experience.
On a different note I'm claiming the exercise I got today as enough to not need to go cycling tonight. While talking about cycling I haven't heard from Colin lately, I'll give him a text later to see if he'll post something for our entertainment. Now comes the shameless advert if you want to follow our blog then please click follow down the right hand side, you can donate by clicking here , you can follow me on twitter @Whitbyrog or copy www.gracesrmrtcharityride.blogspot.com and paste to your address bar to find us every time.
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.