Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The training schedule

This post will essentially be a list of the training runs I do while getting fit for this epic trip. They will follow a format like this;
 10.79 miles, 10.60 m/hour average.
Map: here. 
This tells you how far the run was, the average speed and the link will bring up a map of the run with split times for each mile. So there's the first one, when we do the run for real I hope to post a link each day which will have details of each days achievements.
Todays (19-May) effort = 16.15 miles, 11.85 m/hour average.
Map: here.

3 comments:

  1. Heading to Filey and back at the weekend on the bike, most worried about the other drivers on those winding roads - but gotta get used to it, and the lycra! :)Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear something bright and flashy but not spandex that would be too too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more cycling shorts, I tend to be buying black, I need More bright stuff for the roads! Any recommendations? Col

    ReplyDelete

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.