Saturday, May 21, 2011

Keeping up with training

Well you don't always get to do what you want in life. Didn't go cycling last night cause I had team training and this morning Russ and myself we're joined by a couple of other team members to welcome some new trainees to the team. This just entails a walk around Dalby Forest to see how their navigation is and then it's back to base for paperwork and an introduction to the Teams' work. This all went well and they seem like a good bunch of newbies so we'll await to see them at their first training event. I'm still hopeful of getting a little run in this afternoon but I'll have to keep my eye on the weather. Anyway I'm consoling myself with the notion that you have too have a rest day or two every now and then.
Colin is out on his cycle today and I know he's logged it with Cyclemeter on Facebook, incidently you can follow some of our antics here. You can also request to be a friend which would be good, it lets us know that some people care. If you want to message me you can get me @Whitbyrog on twitter. If this bike ride has done one thing it's got me in touch with modern technology.
I'll add to this post later when I've either been for a ride or a pint, you never know Colin might tell us how his ride went. COME ON COLIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Bike Ride 2011

Well I've borrowed a bike and decided to give it ago. So Colin and myself are training to try and get fit,
any tips or hints would be good.
I'll post some links to the training runs I've been
doing when I can figure out how.